- This event has passed.
CFC Butterfly Garden Maintenance: Sept. 2, 8:30 am – Noon
September 2 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Tampa Bay Butterfly Foundation partners in monthly maintenance at the Center for Conservation for the pollinator garden installed in early 2020. Volunteers are needed to help with pollinator garden maintenance at the Center for Conservation in Apollo Beach (529 Estuary Shore Lane) managed by the Florida Aquarium and Florida Fish and Wildlife.
To volunteer, sign up here: https://volunteersignup.org/EBRXH
The Florida Aquarium Environmental Stewardship Activity Guidelines listed below must be followed.
The Florida Aquarium Environmental Stewardship Activity Guidelines:
- These events offered to Aquarium team members and their families, corporate partners or aquarium affiliates.
- All participants will need to register for the event in advance.
- Number of attendees allocated for the event will be based on CDC, State, and County guidelines or activity needs, whichever is more stringent (currently 50-person maximum).
- Participants encouraged to sign up in family groups or to limit interaction at events to those that are within their immediate party.
- Participants will be asked to conduct temperature checks morning of to ensure they have no fever (100*F or higher) before arrival, if any symptoms listed below are felt within 24 hours prior to activity participants must stay home:
New loss of taste or smell
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Supplies (bags, grabbers, disposable gloves, etc.) will be separated into stations to limit groups gathering.
- Participants encouraged to bring their own water bottle and water. (Will have disposable/ recyclable water bottles on hand for those that did not bring and set up in a supply station).
- Participants encouraged to bring own gloves and shovels – especially for plantings. (Disposable gloves will be provided).
- Minors 16 – 18 years of age must have parental approval form completed for participation. Minors under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Proper disposal locations for items collected will be determined prior to event and clear instructions will be given to participants on how to dispose of items collected.